Make It One for My Baby….(You Figure It Out, Man...I Can't Give Ya All The Answers...)

There's no one in the place,
'Cept you and me.

So set'em up Joe,
I gotta little story,
I think you should know.

Were drinkin' my friend, to the end, of a brief episode,

Make it one for my baby,
And one more for the road.

I got the routine,
Put another nickel, in the machine.

Feelin' so bad,
Can't you make the muuusic,
Eeeeasy and sad?

I could tell you allot,
But you've gotta be,
True to your code,

Just make it one for my baby, and one more for the road.

You'd never know it,
But buddy I'm a kind of poet,
And I gotta lotta things I'd like to say,

And when I'm gloomy,
Won't you listen to me?
'Til it's talked away...

Welllll, that's how it goes,
And Joe, I know you're gettin', anxious to close.
And thanks for the cheer,
I hope you didn't mind, my bendin' your ear,

But this torch that I found,
It's gotta be drowned,
Or it soon might explode.

So make it one for my baby, and one more for the road,
The long, its so long, the long, very long....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sharon, Why Didn’t You Flee?

Charles Denton “Tex” Watson…The Man Behind The Monster Part One

And Now For Something Totally Inappropriate...The First 25 Anyways...


L to R: Charles Manson - Charles "Tex" Watson - Bobby Beausoleil - Bruce Davis - Susan Atkins - Patricia Krenwinkel - Leslie van Houten